> I’ve never been really happy with the “bundle” package type, mainly
> due to lack of knowledge (I think). Can you describe what you are
> thinking about for 2.0? Keep using the bundle plugin? Fix mixed
> package names in jars?

If you put this in the maven-bundle-plugin config (e.g. in
dependencyManagement in the parent), maven-bundle-plugin will work fine
for maven projects with packaging war and jar:
                <plugin>
                    <groupId>org.apache.felix</groupId>
                    <version>3.5.1</version>
                    <configuration>
                        <supportedProjectTypes>
                            <supportedProjectType>jar</supportedProjectType>
                            <supportedProjectType>bundle</supportedProjectType>
                            <supportedProjectType>war</supportedProjectType>
                        </supportedProjectTypes>
                    </configuration>
                </plugin>