In the four and a half years that Apache SINGA (incubating) has been
a part of the Apache incubator, the community has grown, diversified,
and adapted to the Apache Way. We believe that the project is ready
to graduate to a TLP.

As a community, we have discussed [1] and voted [2] to graduate to a
TLP, we have worked through the maturity model [3], notified the IPMC
that we have the intention to graduate [4] and proposed PMC chair [5].
We filed a software grant [6] and discussed the graduation here [7].

Please take a minute to vote on whether or not the IPMC should recommend
the resolution below to the Board by responding with one of the following:

[ ] +1 Apache SINGA should graduate
[ ]  0 No opinion
[ ] -1 Apache SINGA should not graduate because...

The VOTE is open for a minimum of 72 hours.

Thank you,
Moaz, on behalf of Apache SINGA (incubating) community

[1]
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/fd2fe639f3314ff22d2e47d39bd6d4126d61d10e8628fa26f71ef01d@%3Cdev.singa.apache.org%3E
[2]
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/cb40b73b3fd685b44a129601abd5967e4150db245b3fc6552f106faf@%3Cdev.singa.apache.org%3E
[3]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SINGA/Maturity+model+assessment
[4]
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/5b5ebefe705084e0a9d67cfaf56f17ff27518273366f8088be19273e@%3Cgeneral.incubator.apache.org%3E
[5]
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/2903ea94da1b862acf8d706dd4f7cd9ecbc434166d4381d170be731f@%3Cprivate.singa.apache.org%3E
[6]
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/0ae459aa462ab1aac6771f6ce7ff2a8a14ac286103bee5e1a42426b2@%3Cprivate.singa.apache.org%3E
[7]
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/8f4bbc5f2945ffcda848fcf5cf2f6ff676069e0807cef3221f401728@%3Cgeneral.incubator.apache.org%3E

----------

Proposed Resolution for the Apache SINGA project for the ASF Board:

Establish the Apache SINGA Project

open-source software, for distribution at no charge to
the public, related to a distributed deep learning platform.

Committee (PMC), to be known as the "Apache SINGA Project",
Foundation; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the Apache SINGA Project be and hereby is
related to a distributed deep learning platform;
and be it further

RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Apache SINGA" be
and hereby is created, the person holding such office to
serve at the direction of the Board of Directors as the chair
of the Apache SINGA Project, and to have primary responsibility
for management of the projects within the scope of
responsibility of the Apache SINGA Project; and be it further

Apache SINGA Project:

* Thejas Nair ( the...@apache.org )
* Alan Gates ( ga...@apache.org )
* Ted Dunning ( tdunn...@apache.org )
* Beng Chin Ooi ( oo...@apache.org )
* Wang Wei ( wang...@apache.org )
* Anh Dinh ( dinh...@apache.org )
* Chen Gang( c...@apache.org )
* Jinyang Gao ( jiny...@apache.org )
* Kian-Lee Tan ( tankian...@apache.org )
* Luo Zhaojing ( zhaoj...@apache.org )
* Xie Zhongle ( zhon...@apache.org )
* Zheng Kaiping ( kaip...@apache.org )
* Moaz Reyad ( m...@apache.org )

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Wang Wei
be appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache SINGA, to
serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification,
or until a successor is appointed; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the initial Apache SINGA PMC be and hereby is
tasked with the creation of a set of bylaws intended to
encourage open development and increased participation in the
Apache SINGA Project; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the Apache SINGA Project be and hereby
Incubator SINGA podling; and be it further

Incubator SINGA podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
Project are hereafter discharged.