Alexander Klimetschek  wrote

> Another reason for the prominent place is that it teaches people to do
> the right thing more easily. I have seen many cases that create links
> without considering context path or sling's mapping.

Hmm, but if a developer is not able to call map on the resource resolver
why should he now call a method on the request (or response) ?
Maybe the map method is not very prominently placed, but I would rather
do an example showing people how to do it, instead of adding all kind of
stuff to the request interface.
Again, maybe this stuff is very useful for everyone and it makes sense
to add it to a more prominent place. But atm I doubt this.