Felix Meschberger  wrote

> Agreed for the constants: How about moving them to the API ?
>
> Why is using the AuthenticationInfo constructor more elegant than using
> the Map constructor and setting a property. And where would such a thing
> be used ?

Yes, I think the constants USER, PASSWORD should be enough to be moved.
We could just add them to the ResourceResolverFactory.

We should move the CREDENTIALS constant to the JcrResourceConstants
class as these constant is only relevant for a jcr backed resource
resolver. We can then remove the credentials class check as well.

We should also move the commons auth module out of commons as this
module now depends on Sling API and therefore does not meet the criteria
for commons :)