Hi,

Am Mittwoch, den 08.12.2010, 16:19 +0100 schrieb Clemens Wyss:
> "Auto Checkin Nodes"  is activated (i.e. true). Hence I would expect that
> when I modify (a property) of my mixin:versionable node, a new version is
> created. Unfortunately this is not the case.
>
> Looking at AbstractSlingPostOperation#run only CREATE, CHECKOUT or CHECKIN
> "trigger" a potential checkin, but not MODIFY.
> Shouldn't we?:
> case MODIFY :
>     response.onModified(change.getSource());
>     if ( versionableConfiguration.isAutoCheckin() ) {
>         nodesToCheckin.add(change.getSource());
>     }
>     break;
> maybe additionally check whether the node is really checked out?
>
> WDYT?

I think auto-checkin should only be done if the node has been checked
out as part of the modification operation. Thus:

-- if the node was checked-out before the op, then it must be
         checked-out after and no version must be created
-- if the node was checked-in before the op, and the node was
         checked out, then it should probably be checked in

And: we must be very carefull to not create backwards compatibility
issues around this automatic checkin/checkout.

Regards
Felix