On Wed, 2023-04-19 at 16:54 +0200, Robert Munteanu wrote:
> I added Parsson to the contentloader 2.6.0 PR
>
>   https://github.com/apache/sling-org-apache-sling-starter/pull/105
>
> Seems to work fine locally. I will split this to a different PR, just
> wanted to push it out there for review.
>
> Thanks,
> Robert

Parsson requires Java 9, but we still run tests on Java 8

[ERROR] [requirements-capabilities]
org.eclipse.parsson:jakarta.json:1.1.1: Artifact
org.eclipse.parsson:jakarta.json:1.1.1 requires
[org.eclipse.parsson.jakarta.json/1.1.1] osgi.ee;
filter:="(&(osgi.ee=JavaSE)(version=9))" in start level 1 but no
artifact is providing a matching capability in this start level.

There are two ways out:

1. Look for another parser implementation
2. Officially drop support for Java 8 in the Starter (not necessarily
the bundles) and incorporate Parsson

I slightly favour option 2, I think people deploying new versions of
the Starter can choose a more recent version of the Java runtime.

Thoughts?