From: Csákány Róbert
Sent: Friday, May 31, 2013 1:01 PM
To: dev@sling.apache.org
Subject: Re: Using Apache Geranimo JSTL

Hi!

I agree. I've use my own bundle for it - JSTL is very useful function to keep
the JSP clean - and there is no potential regression

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-1793

The XML JSTL extension is ignored in Sling now, because when I was made this
patch there was some unresolved import, so it is skipped now.

I recommend to use this version -  it worked for me well in the las 3 years. (I
haven't tried, but he geronimo version may not working in sling).

Regards,

Robert

On May 30, 2013, at 11:22 PM, Dan Klco <dan.k...@sixdimensions.com> wrote:

> All,
>
> While working on getting integration tests set up for the new TagLib
> functionality, I found that the Apache Geranimo project released a JSTL
> bundle for their servlet container.
> http://search.maven.org/#artifactdetails%7Corg.apache.geronimo.bundles%7Cjstl%7C1.2_1%7Cbundle
>
> Would anyone be opposed to including this bundle in the Launchpad Builder?
> Unless we need to modify the JSTL code, we could probably shutter the
> existing Sling JSTL project as well.   Right now the JSP I am using for
> integration tests makes extensive use of JSTL and it would probably be
> beneficial for developers overall to have access to JSTL in Sling 7.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Thanks,
> Dan

-----