I think if we would be in the jsp world, you would do a taglib for this -
of course taglibs are not usable within other scripting languages - so
depending on your script language you would have to come up with the
equivalent.
Taglibs in JSP allow exactly what you want - the BVP is more a way to make
objects always available to all script engines; so apart from adding the
optional node and session objects, we don't use this in Sling at all...

Carsten