I definitely agree that we should try to get Sling 6 out asap - and I think
we're pretty close to that. Apart maybe from a release of one or two
additional bundles, we need to release the discovery stuff (I plan to do
this end of this week/early next week) and the new admin login stuff Felix
is working on (hopefully this needs just a few weeks from now). Once these
releases are through we can release Sling 6.
So I think let's look at the snapshot dependencies in launchpad, see if
these artifacts have some urgent open issues, fix them (if there are any)
and then release the stuff.

For the build server problems, I'm totally unhappy with the Jenkins
installation (and this since years) - apart from spamming the mailing list,
the value right now seems really very low. Though I have no idea how to
change this...