On Sun, Dec 8, 2013 at 6:53 AM, Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org> wrote:
> ...We already have the BVP, now with the ability to bind BVPs to a  context
> (or whatever the term is). I think we should rather focus on one feature
> and getting it right than spreading similar functionality across different
> features which all look similar but behave differently...

I agree that folding this into BVPs sounds interesting and would avoid
inventing more new things than needed.

Especially if we can generalize the mechanism that finds the best
service (BVP in this case) to handle a given Resource, based on our
existing resource script resolution rules.

To me the main use cases are:

1) Create lightweight domain objects which can be scripted as well as
written in Java, and take care of assembling/formatting/defaulting
values for presentation, as well as providing smart iterators, for
search results pagination for example.

2) Act as mini-controllers that can redirect, fail or forward the
current request to take that code out of rendering templates. This is
out of scope of BVPs currently, but does also not generally belong
into rendering templates.

For now, I'll just keep my whiteboard prototype [1] around and see
where this goes.

Thanks everybody for the feedback!

-Bertrand

[1]