>> 2) I'm assuming that the lookup key for these configuration objects is
>> the class name. IMHO, we need some kind of differentiator, see for
>> example my OAuth example earlier in this thread.
>>
>I haven't thought of this part yet, I've just stated my strong wish
>for strongly typed configuration objects :)

it seems as we would need some sort of factory-configuration for this usecase
as well? this would be problematic in my initial approach with only a flat list
of properties in a valuemap as well.

an oauth bundle would provide an annotation type class and mark it as
"multiple" or "factory". the API has to provide a way to get lists of
annotation class instances to iterate over. the configuration editor has to
support it as well. should be possible, although it would make the API a bit
more complex.

stefan