On Wed, 2016-10-12 at 09:13 +0200, Oliver Lietz wrote:
> On Wednesday 12 October 2016 09:28:44 Robert Munteanu wrote:
> > Hi,
>

> Hi Robert,
>
> > I'd like to get the sling-trunk-gitbranch-1.7 stable again, as it's
> > quite nice to have it working on pull requests.
> >
> > Three tests fail for that job, all from
> > the org.apache.sling:org.apache.sling.testing.paxexam module, which
> > requires Java 8.
>

> the module itself does not require Java 8, but the dependencies
> (Jetty) in the
> tests – similar situation as for Sling Launchpad.
>
> > There are two ways to fix it:
> >
> > 1) Exclude that module from the reactor just for this job
> > 2) Move the job to Java 8
> >
> > I'd be slightly inclined to go with 1), but if anyone else thinks
> > otherwise please let me know.
>

> Current Launchpad requires Java 8, but I'm also fine with 1).

That's a good point, we should probably move to Java 8 with this build.

Looking at the Maven console output, although some tests fail earlier
the build stops building at Launchpad Base, which requires Java 8.

  [ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-
compiler-plugin:3.2:compile (default-compile) on project
org.apache.sling.launchpad.base: Fatal error compiling: invalid target
release: 1.8 -> [Help 1]

Robert