On Wed, Oct 12, 2016 at 11:24 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz
<bdelacre...@apache.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 12, 2016 at 11:18 AM, Julian Sedding <jsedd...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> ...As a remedy for implementations that rely on the current referencable
>> nature, we could provide tooling that automatically adds the
>> "mix:referencable" mixin to existing nt:resource nodes...
> Good idea, I suppose this can be done with a commit hook in a non-intrusive
> way?

For JR2 content being upgraded to Oak (or during an Oak to Oak
"sidegrade"), i.e. in the oak-upgrade module, it would be easy to add
this functionality via a commit hook.

For an existing Oak repository the same functionality could be
implemented on the JCR API and a full repo traversal, I suppose. If we
can get past the node-type validation. Alternatively we could come up
with an extension SPI/API that allows plugging in an implementation
for specific non-trivial node-type updates. This would even allow for
two alternative implementations: one that adds mix:referencable and
another that removes the jcr:uuid property - so JCR users could choose
which strategy they prefer.