Oliver Lietz wrote
> On Thursday 13 October 2016 20:36:10 Stefan Seifert wrote:
>>> Do we really want org.apache.sling.contextaware.config as package name?
>>> Sling Content Distribution uses org.apache.sling.distribution, so
>>> org.apache.sling.configuration for Sling's context-ware configuration
>>> should be fine, no?
>>
>> only "configuration" is misleading, because it's not about osgi
>> configuration, but only about context-aware configuration. thus
>> "contextaware" has to be part of the package name.
>
> I do remember the discussion regarding the naming and do not want that
> starting again. But not sure if the "product label" has to be also the
> package
> name – for distribution, which is also a *very* generic name – it has to be
> not. And as this configurations are based on resources I should have
> suggested
> o.a.s.resource.configuration.
>
>> one could argue if it should be
>>   o.a.s.contextaware.config
>> or
>>   o.a.s.contextawareconfig

I'm fine with contextawareconfig - I think over time we renamed the
packages a little bit, and for example had everything as sub packages of
contextaware (config, resource).
I think we either rename it to contextawareconfig
or go with
contextaware.config
            .resource
            .annotation
leaving contextaware empty

> The second fits better in our naming pattern. Also these modules are the
> first
> using dashes in property names (or node/resource types) instead of camel case.

Hmm, true, haven't really thought about it. I guess camel case would be
more consistent, but I think in the end it's not that important

Regards
Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler