On Mon, Oct 3, 2016 at 3:20 PM, Robert Munteanu <romb...@apache.org> wrote:
>...If we make building an unstable launchpad really simple, e.g. an addition
> profile or a mojo property, I don't think we lose anything...

I've committed an experimental script [1] which modifies the
launchpad/builder provisioning model files to remove the version
numbers for all Sling artifacts. See comments in the script for
details (and enjoy the sed regexp ;-)

When doing so, the Slingstart plugin uses the latest snapshot instead
of a specified version, IIUC.

The script doesn't fully work yet (see comments in the script -
patches or hints welcome) but once it does the process for running our
integration tests on this all-snapshots launchpad would be:

1) Run this script in launchpad/builder, build and deploy that, with a
specific classifier or other marker
2) Run the launchpad/testing build using that special launchpad jar
3) Revert the code changes caused by step 1), unless working in a
throwaway folder

Would that work for you guys?

-Bertrand

(BTW the resulting launchpad with all snapshots doesn't start, might
be a good indicator that we need this!

[1]
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/sling/trunk/launchpad/builder/set-sling-snapshots.sh