Bertrand Delacretaz wrote
> On Mon, Oct 3, 2016 at 3:20 PM, Robert Munteanu <> wrote:
>> ...If we make building an unstable launchpad really simple, e.g. an addition
>> profile or a mojo property, I don't think we lose anything...
> I've committed an experimental script [1] which modifies the
> launchpad/builder provisioning model files to remove the version
> numbers for all Sling artifacts. See comments in the script for
> details (and enjoy the sed regexp ;-)
> When doing so, the Slingstart plugin uses the latest snapshot instead
> of a specified version, IIUC.
> The script doesn't fully work yet (see comments in the script -
> patches or hints welcome) but once it does the process for running our
> integration tests on this all-snapshots launchpad would be:
> 1) Run this script in launchpad/builder, build and deploy that, with a
> specific classifier or other marker
> 2) Run the launchpad/testing build using that special launchpad jar
> 3) Revert the code changes caused by step 1), unless working in a
> throwaway folder
> Would that work for you guys?
Sorry I already replied to your commit as I didn't see this mail :(

I think a script is fine and thanks for taking it up.
My initial thoughts were to do this in the slingstart maven plugin
This would give a little bit more control - if required, like enabling
snapshots only for a single feature or something. Or having a blacklist.

But maybe that's not needed anyways

Carsten Ziegeler
Adobe Research Switzerland