On Fri, 2016-10-14 at 10:53 +0300, Robert Munteanu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sun, 2016-10-02 at 11:01 +0200, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> > Oliver Lietz wrote

> > > And not moving anything to (SVN) attic would help us to be
> > > consistent in the
> > > future when other modules "qualify" for attic. All would be in
> > > Git
> > > repos
> > > instead of Git (post-switch) and SVN (pre-switch).
> > >

> > With the cleanup I see several goals:
> > - move unused and obsolete modules to the attic
> > - move unsupported modules to the attic
> > - clarify what we suggest to our users to use
> >
> > I think there are clearly things in the first category which we can
> > easily move and don't want as separate git modules.
> > I guess the question is more about the second category, things that
> > are
> > pretty useful but there is no one committed to it atm. However, the
> > line
> > between the two categories is thin. That's why I suggest to be a
> > little
> > bit radical, move all of this to the attic now.
> > We can then move the whole attic as a single repo to git, people
> > can
> > fork from there and we can easily move it from the multi-module
> > attic
> > git repo to a separate git repo if needed. But this way we don't
> > clutter
> > the git repo space with unused stuff.
>

> The table at
>
>   https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=65
> 87
> 3121

So we have a clear 'to remove' list - where everyone agrees with moving
to attic - and a clear 'to keep' list - where everyone disagrees with
moving to attic.

Two things to settle:

1) There are modules where we have people who think should move to the
attic, but also others think the modules should be kept.

- contrib/auth/xing
- contrib/commons/html
- contrib/scripting/freemarker

2) We scheduled contrib/jcr/js for removal, but it's indirectly
referenced from contrib/explorers/resourceeditor.

So we either keep both or move both to the attic.

For 1) I suggest we keep the three modules. If at least one dev thinks
they should stay, it's enough for me.

I am not sure at all what to do about 2) though.

Robert