Hi Jason,

On Sat, 2018-02-10 at 09:24 -0500, Jason E Bailey wrote:
> And this would be one of those occasions where I thought I knew what
> I was talking about and I was wrong.  What I was referencing was
> something I was led to believe was submodules but is so convoluted
> that I don't want to go there. I can see where submodules would be
> really useful in some situations but from what I've been hearing on
> this conversation thread it's not a solution.

Thanks for coming back to the list, even if the answer is that there is
nothing to include in a POC :-)

For the record, one additional point to consider with the ASF-hosted
infrastructure is that for most cases only actual 'people' can commit,
not bots.

Infra is pretty strong in their stance in making sure that all check-
ins are validated from an IP point of view, and a bot writing in the
git repos, even though technically it does not add source code, would
need pretty strong arguments in the 'risk vs gain' area.

Robert