Hi,

Recent discussions with a number of people from the Sling community
[1] have helped clarify my thoughts about this, I have started a wiki
page at
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SLING/Sling+Type+System%3A+motivation+and+requirements
and feedback is welcome, on that page or here.

Roughly, the goal is to create a Sling Type System that defines much
more precisely what the various Resource Types can contain, how they
work together, etc. with the goal of generating self-describing
interfaces.

Let's see where this leads, it's just rough ideas so far but it feels
like a useful unifying concept for Sling.

-Bertrand

[1] along with reading "a conversation with Alan Kay, creator of
Smalltalk" - https://queue.acm.org/detail.cfm?id=1039523