+1 for the idea.

To restate. Given a resource, you should be able to define what properties that
resource can contain and what child resources it can be the parent of.

Feedback:

1. There's some things that are implicit. For example, stating that a resource
can be a parent of a resource would imply that you could perform the action to
create the child resource.

2. Terminology
We're still a REST platform, do we need to have actions that are different then
the standard REST methods? Would we have something different?
Looking at the code, I get confused between a type for a resource and a
sling:resourceType. I believe these are different things. The resourceType
defines how the data is rendered and the resourceType can be overridden. Where
as the type of a resource as we are talking about defines it structure, without
regard to how it's rendered. I hope these are different things :)

- Jason