Hi,

Since this thread exploded so quickly it’s going to be difficult to respond to
all of your questions / concerns individually. We eagerly started discussing
implementation details (of which I’m to blame too) and I think we didn’t read
between the lines of this thread or the previous [0] to check what the
perceived problems are.

Both threads identified several issues:
1. Users can freely define sling:resourceType properties
2. Through 1, users can therefore trigger code execution which is not always
appropriate (depends on how Servlets / scripts are written and the potential
they have to DoS a system or to expose sensible information to users which
shouldn’t have the ability to perform those operations)
3. For some operations (servlet execution, tasks, etc.) we might want to
provide a set of permissions to check beforehand in order to decide if a user
is allowed to perform said operation or not.

In this thread I proposed an idea to fix issue no. 2 (which IMO is easier to
accomplish) - and by fix I mean provide a way to define who can execute what -
so that we don’t care about issue no. 1 any more.

Let’s try to figure out if indeed these are some serious problems that need to
be addressed or not. We can discuss implementation       details afterwards.

Cheers,
Radu