> GitHub is developer-centric and as such would likely, exclude most, non-dev,
> users.

Last time I checked, (direct) users of Solr were developers. Not necessarily
solr or java devs but tech people integrating or operating solr.

So I’d not exclude GH discussions. The barrier to joining the solr-user list
discussions is higher than visiting our GH page and browsing discussions. How
many already have a GH account vs a discourse account? But I agree we could
have several channels.

Jan Høydahl