On 2011-11-14 17:49, Kevin A. McGrail wrote:

I've noticed that my maccheck logs are full of ANY_BOUNCE_MESSAGE hits
and this is due that trap sensor MTAs empty env-sender to deliver (to
avoid possible backscatter) so the masschecker sees:

Wondering if & how this could affect overall ruleqa when so many
ANY_BOUNCE_MESSAGE hits start showing up.

Any idea how to avoid it without touching the sender MTA?

Hmm, that sounds like you are modifying the envelope header and that
will skew things.

Yep.. I am..

Is the information still in the email or has the MTA
completely sanitized it?

completely sanitized and  Return-Path: <>

which is what the VBOUNCE plugin is checking

Would setting masschecks prefs to

score   ANY_BOUNCE_MESSAGE 0
score   BOUNCE_MESSAGE,    0

be of any help?