On 25 Feb 2019, at 18:01, Bill Cole wrote:

On 25 Feb 2019, at 14:56, Kevin A. McGrail wrote:

All, it's frustrating that commits are happening without proper make
tests.  It delays things greatly when trying to do releases that they
aren't in a passing state.  Please consider this.

Mea culpa. The change in r1849441 was to fix bug 7302, which caused quietly broken rule distribution. I couldn't imagine that the test suite would depend on build/mkrules building a known-bad ruleset without aborting.

Of course, we still want to make sure that build/mkrules doesn't knowingly emit a bad ruleset with nothing but a warning.

I'll test an alternative approach... If anyone has a brilliant idea on this, speak up!

Fixed in r1854347, a tribute to the pollution testing geniuses at VW.