I have selected the same options as Cheng LIang: hadoop-2.4, hive, hive
0.12.0 .  After  a full Rebuild in IJ I  still see the HiveShim errors.

I really do not know what is different. I had pulled three hours ago from
github upstream master.

Just for kicks i am trying PW's combination which uses 0.13.1 now.. But it
appears there is something else going on here.

Patrick/ Cheng:  did you build on the command line using Maven first?  I do
that since in the past that had been required.