Users instead of people, sure.  Commiters and contributors are (or at least
should be) a subset of users.

Non goals, sure. I don't care what the name is, but we need to clearly say
e.g. 'no we are not maintaining compatibility with XYZ right now'.

API, what I care most about is whether it allows me to accomplish the
goals. Arguing about how ugly or pretty it is can be saved for design/
implementation imho.

Strategy, this is necessary because otherwise goals can be out of line with
reality.  Don't propose goals you don't have at least some idea of how to
implement.

Rejected strategies, given that commiters are the only ones I'm saying
should formally submit SPARKLIs or SIPs, if they put junk in a required
section then slap them down for it and tell them to fix it.