Was thinking that getting an estimated statistic of the number of issues
that would be closed if this is done would help.

Open issues: 3882 (project = SPARK AND status in (Open, "In Progress",
Reopened))
Open + Does not affect 3.0+ = 2795
Open + Does not affect 2.4+ = 2373
Open + Does not affect 2.3+ = 1765
Open + Does not affect 2.2+ = 1322
Open + Does not affect 2.1+ = 967
Open + Does not affect 2.0+ = 651

Open + Does not affect 2.0+ + Priority in (Urgent, Blocker, Critical, High)
[JQL1] = 838
Open + Does not affect 2.0+ + Priority in (Urgent, Blocker, Critical, High,
Major) = 206
Open + Does not affect 2.2+ + Priority not in (Urgent, Blocker, Critical,
High) [JQL2] = 1303
Open + Does not affect 2.2+ + Priority not in (Urgent, Blocker, Critical,
High, Major) = 397
Open + Does not affect 2.3+ + Priority not in (Urgent, Blocker, Critical,
High) = 1743
Open + Does not affect 2.3+ + Priority not in (Urgent, Blocker, Critical,
High, Major) = 550

Resolving ALL seems a bit overkill to me.
My current opinion seems like:
 - Resolving "Open + Does not affect 2.0+" is something that should be
done, as I doubt anyone would be looking at the 1.x versions anymore (651
tasks)
 - Resolving "Open + Does not affect 2.3+ + Priority not in (Urgent,
Blocker, Critical, High, Major)" may be a good idea (an additional ~1k
tasks)
The issues with priority Urgent/Blocker/Critical should be triaged - as it
may have something important.

[JQL1]:
project = SPARK
 AND status in (Open, "In Progress", Reopened)
 AND NOT (affectedVersion in versionMatch("^[2-3].*"))
 AND priority NOT IN (Urgent, Blocker, Critical, High)

[JQL2]:
project = SPARK
 AND status in (Open, "In Progress", Reopened)
 AND NOT (affectedVersion in versionMatch("^3.*") OR affectedVersion in
versionMatch("^2.4.*") OR affectedVersion in versionMatch("^2.3.*") OR
affectedVersion in versionMatch("^2.2.*"))