Well, great to hear the unanimous support for a Spark 3 preview
release. Now, I don't know how to make releases myself :) I would
first open it up to our revered release managers: would anyone be
interested in trying to make one? sounds like it's not too soon to get
what's in master out for evaluation, as there aren't any major
deficiencies left, although a number of items to consider for the
final release.

I think we just need one release, targeting Hadoop 3.x / Hive 2.x in
order to make it possible to test with JDK 11. (We're only on Scala
2.12 at this point.)