Hi all,

These docker images are created on spark 3.1.1. The reason I have chosen
this version for now is that most production offerings (for example Google
Dataproc) are based on 3.1.1.

So with 3.1.1, we have scala-2.12 with Java version 11-jre-slim OR Java
version 8-jre-slim all currently on Debian buster OS

docker images
REPOSITORY         TAG                                   IMAGE ID
CREATED         SIZE

sparkpy/spark-py   3.1.1-scala_2.12-11-jre-slim-buster   96a7ec29967e   2
hours ago     1.01GB
sparkpy/spark      3.1.1-scala_2.12-11-jre-slim-buster   769913b63a03   2
hours ago     635MB

sparkpy/spark-py   3.1.1-scala_2.12-8-jre-slim-buster    115f1be1d64c   23
minutes ago   979MB
spark/spark        3.1.1-scala_2.12-8-jre-slim-buster    92ffcf407889   27
minutes ago   602MB

openjdk            8-jre-slim                            0d0a85fdf642   4
days ago      187MB

openjdk            11-jre-slim                           eb77da2ec13c   4
weeks ago     221MB

These are all standard builds. spark-py has no additional python packages
added. Only the default ones shown below:

$ pip list
Package       Version
------------- -------
asn1crypto    0.24.0
cryptography  2.6.1
entrypoints   0.3
keyring       17.1.1
keyrings.alt  3.1.1
pip           21.2.4
pycrypto      2.6.1
PyGObject     3.30.4
pyxdg         0.25
SecretStorage 2.3.1
setuptools    57.4.0
six           1.12.0
wheel         0.32.3

Now it is time to decide where to put these dockers images for download and
testing plus guidelines on how to deploy them. For test purposes
minikubes can be used.

I can push these images in my local GitHub repo but I think it is best to
use Spark GitHub for this purpose.

Also note that there is absolutely no issue building images based on 3.1.2
or anyone else for that matter.

HTH

   view my Linkedin profile

such loss, damage or destruction.

On Sat, 21 Aug 2021 at 17:00, Mich Talebzadeh <mich.talebza...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Apologies ignore the first line spark/spark-py (that is redundant). These
> are correct
>

> REPOSITORY       TAG                                   IMAGE ID
>  CREATED         SIZE
> spark/spark      3.1.1-scala_2.12-11-jre-slim-buster   71ff5ed3ca03   9
> seconds ago   635MB
> openjdk          8-jre-slim                            0d0a85fdf642   4
> days ago      187MB
> openjdk          11-jre-slim                           eb77da2ec13c   4
> weeks ago     221MB
>

>    view my Linkedin profile
> <https://www.linkedin.com/in/mich-talebzadeh-ph-d-5205b2/>

> such loss, damage or destruction.
>

> On Sat, 21 Aug 2021 at 16:50, Mich Talebzadeh <mich.talebza...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Sorry there was a typo
>>
>> BASE_OS="buster"
>> SPARK_VERSION="3.1.1"
>> SCALA_VERSION="scala_2.12"
>> DOCKERFILE="Dockerfile"
>> DOCKERIMAGETAG="11-jre-slim"
>> cd $SPARK_HOME
>>
>> # Building Docker image from provided Dockerfile base 11
>> cd $SPARK_HOME
>> /opt/spark/bin/docker-image-tool.sh \
>>               -r spark -t
>> ${SPARK_VERSION}-${SCALA_VERSION}-${DOCKERIMAGETAG}-${BASE_OS} \
>>               -b java_image_tag=${DOCKERIMAGETAG} \
>>               -p ./kubernetes/dockerfiles/spark/${DOCKERFILE} \
>>                build
>>

>> REPOSITORY       TAG                                   IMAGE ID
>>  CREATED         SIZE
>> spark/spark-py   3.1.1-scala_2.12-11-jre-slim-buster   71ff5ed3ca03   9
>> seconds ago   635MB
>> spark/spark      3.1.1-scala_2.12-11-jre-slim-buster   71ff5ed3ca03   9
>> seconds ago   635MB
>> openjdk          8-jre-slim                            0d0a85fdf642   4
>> days ago      187MB
>> openjdk          11-jre-slim                           eb77da2ec13c   4
>> weeks ago     221MB
>>

>>    view my Linkedin profile
>> <https://www.linkedin.com/in/mich-talebzadeh-ph-d-5205b2/>

>> On Sat, 21 Aug 2021 at 16:38, Mich Talebzadeh <mich.talebza...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Ankit,
>>>
>>> Sure I suppose that elaboration on OS base can be added
>>>
>>> BASE_OS="buster"
>>> SPARK_VERSION="3.1.1"
>>> SCALA_VERSION="scala_2.12"
>>> DOCKERFILE="Dockerfile"