+1 Glad to see we will release 3.3.0.

At 2022-03-04 02:44:37, "Maxim Gekk" <maxim.g...@databricks.com.INVALID> wrote:

Hello All,

I would like to bring on the table the theme about the new Spark release 3.3.
According to the public schedule at
https://spark.apache.org/versioning-policy.html, we planned to start the code
freeze and release branch cut on March 15th, 2022. Since this date is coming
soon, I would like to take your attention on the topic and gather objections
that you might have.

Bellow is the list of ongoing and active SPIPs:

Spark SQL:
- [SPARK-31357] DataSourceV2: Catalog API for view metadata
- [SPARK-35801] Row-level operations in Data Source V2
- [SPARK-37166] Storage Partitioned Join

Spark Core:
- [SPARK-20624] Add better handling for node shutdown
- [SPARK-25299] Use remote storage for persisting shuffle data

PySpark:
- [SPARK-26413] RDD Arrow Support in Spark Core and PySpark

Kubernetes:
- [SPARK-36057] Support Customized Kubernetes Schedulers

Probably, we should finish if there are any remaining works for Spark 3.3, and
switch to QA mode, cut a branch and keep everything on track. I would like to
volunteer to help drive this process.

Best regards,
Max Gekk