My personal opinion, one of the most features of Twiiter that it is not
federated and is good platform for annonces and so on. So it means "it
would be good to reach our users where they are" means stay in twitter(most
companies who use Spark/Databricks are in Twitter)
For Federated  features, I think Slack would be a better platform, a lot of
Apache Big data projects have slack for federated features