+1 on dropping Java 8 in Spark 4.0, and I even hope Spark 4.0 can only support
Java 17 and the upcoming Java 21.

发件人: Denny Lee <denny.g....@gmail.com>
日期: 2023年6月7日 星期三 07:10
收件人: Sean Owen <sro...@gmail.com>
抄送: David Li <lidav...@apache.org>, "dev@spark.apache.org"
<dev@spark.apache.org>
主题: Re: JDK version support policy?

+1 on dropping Java 8 in Spark 4.0, saying this as a fan of the fast-paced
(positive) updates to Arrow, eh?!

On Tue, Jun 6, 2023 at 4:02 PM Sean Owen
<sro...@gmail.com<mailto:sro...@gmail.com>> wrote:
I haven't followed this discussion closely, but I think we could/should drop
Java 8 in Spark 4.0, which is up next after 3.5?

On Tue, Jun 6, 2023 at 2:44 PM David Li