I also generally perceive that, after Java 9, there is much less breaking
change. So working on Java 11 probably means it works on 20, or can be
easily made to without pain. Like I think the tweaks for Java 17 were quite
small.

Targeting Java >11 excludes Java 11 users and probably wouldn't buy much.
Keeping the support probably doesn't interfere with working on much newer
JVMs either.