Hi @Wenchen Fan <cloud0...@gmail.com>

Thanks for your response. I believe we have not had enough time to
"DISCUSS" this matter.

Currently in order to make Spark take advantage of Hive, I create a soft
link in $SPARK_HOME/conf. FYI, my spark version is 3.4.0 and Hive is 3.1.1

 /opt/spark/conf/hive-site.xml ->
/data6/hduser/hive-3.1.1/conf/hive-site.xml

This works fine for me in my lab. So in the future if we opt to use the
setting "spark.sql.legacy.createHiveTableByDefault" to False, there will
not be a need for this logical link.?
On the face of it, this looks fine but in real life it may require a number
of changes to the old scripts. Hence my concern.
As a matter of interest has anyone liaised with the Hive team to ensure
they have introduced the additional changes you outlined?

HTH

Mich Talebzadeh,
Technologist | Architect | Data Engineer  | Generative AI | FinCrime
London
United Kingdom

   view my Linkedin profile

 https://en.everybodywiki.com/Mich_Talebzadeh

*Disclaimer:* The information provided is correct to the best of my
knowledge but of course cannot be guaranteed . It is essential to note
that, as with any advice, quote "one test result is worth one-thousand
expert opinions (Werner  <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wernher_von_Braun>Von
Braun <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wernher_von_Braun>)".