Hi @dev list,

Jilani has created a great patch for SQOOP-3149
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SQOOP-3149>: Sqoop incremental
import - NULL column updates are not pulled into HBase table.

This is a patch that (in my opinion) corrects previously incorrect behavior
in sqoop, however it can also be seen as just changing behavior from the
users perspective ("we did not have nulls there before, now we have").

The patch is ready to be committed, however I wanted to ask the dev list on
thoughts and opinions on whether we should merge the change as-is or should
we include a flag to turn this feature on and off? And if we need to
include a flag, should it be in a separate commit or should we amend the
original patch?

Please find the review request below:
https://reviews.apache.org/r/57499/

Please chime in with your thoughts - if there are no objections on this
thread, I plan to merge the change as-is in a week or so and pick up this
conversation again after.

Thanks,
Anna