On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 7:22 PM, Liviu Nicoara <nikko...@hates.ms> wrote:

> Stefan, I want to be clear. You are talking about a patch identical in nature
> to the one I have attached now. Just want to be 100% sure we are talking
> about the same thing. This one still produces failures (crashes, assertions,
> etc.) in the locale MT tests on SPARC and elsewhere in your builds?

On September 17, 2012 I have posted the following message to this list:

http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@stdcxx.apache.org/msg01929.html

In that message, there is a link to my SPARC thread-safety test results:

http://s247136804.onlinehome.us/stdcxx-1056-SPARC-20120917/22.locale.numpunct.mt.nts.1.er.html/index.html

This test was run with the following _numpunct.h file:

http://s247136804.onlinehome.us/stdcxx-1056-SPARC-20120917/22.locale.numpunct.mt.nts.1.er.html/file.14.src.txt.html

The test above shows 12440 race conditions detected for a test run of
22.locale.numpunct.mt, with  --nthreads=8 --nloops=10000.

Did you ever look at these test results? From reading your email, I
realize that you never looked at it. That is the only possible
explanation as to why you're asking now for SPARC test results, today
being September 20, 2012.

--
Stefan Teleman
KDE e.V.