On 9/24/12 12:06 AM, Stefan Teleman wrote:
On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 9:10 AM, Liviu Nicoara <nikko...@hates.ms> wrote:
On 09/21/12 05:13, Stefan Teleman wrote:

On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 2:28 AM, Travis Vitek
<travis.vi...@roguewave.com> wrote:

I have provided this list with test results showing that my patch
*does* fix the race condition problems identified by all the tools at
my disposal. I'm willing to bet you never looked at it. You dismissed
it outright, just because you didn't like the *idea* that increasing
the size of the cache, and eliminating that useless cache resizing
would play an important role in eliminating the race conditions.

I looked at it in great detail and I am sure Travis read it too. The
facet/locale buffer management is a red herring. Apparently, we cannot
convince you, regardless of the argument. That's fine by me.

This bug [STDCXX-1056] was updated over the weekend with new comments.
Here's the link to the comments, for the record:

Stefan, was it your intention to completely eliminate all the race conditions with this last patch? Is this what the tools showed in your environment?

Thanks,
Liviu

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STDCXX-1056?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=13461452#comment-13461452