Github user srdo commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/storm/pull/1679

    This more or less seems done to me. The only thing that bugs me is Storm
double acking tuples. The only case I could think of is if tuples time out and
they're later acked by the acker bolt, but it seems like the executor actually
handles that. As far as I can tell hitting the changed case in
findNextCommitOffset should actually indicate a bug in the code, because we've
received an ack for a tuple we've already committed to Kafka, which shouldn't
be possible unless a tuple is double acked. I don't think that should be
happening unless the spout is doing something wrong?

    @jfenc91 are you still seeing that case (L498) getting hit even with these
changes and the other PR?

---
with INFRA.