For all of these we should be able to support a rolling upgrade from 1.x with
some caveats.
1) There are a few possibilities on how to make this happen, but none of them
are ideal.  If you feel strongly about a rolling upgrade I might skip this.
2) would work for all workers that do not access objects from storm.thrift
directly.  (which I think should be most topologies)

3) Would require us to do changes similar to what we did when we first shaded
everything.  Have users compile their topologies against the newer version of
storm, but override some dependencies to match the older version of storm.
Then when it is deployed it could run on either version of storm.
- Bobby

On Monday, November 7, 2016, 3:56:08 AM CST, Harsha Chintalapani
<st...@harsha.io> wrote:My only concern here is the rolling upgrade of storm
cluster. We supported
the rolling upgrade going to 0.10 and broke it because of storm 1.x
release. Users are not inclined to upgrade to a new release if it's not
rolling upgradable. In this case, it looks like we are going to break this.
Correct me if I am wrong here.

Thanks,
Harsha