If we leave 1.x in this state it will forever remain un-usable within IntelliJ
..  hard to debug, UT etc. And 1.x will live for a while. Is rolling back some
of the non-critical offending commits that are causing this an option ?  i
tried rolling back a bit but was unable to identify the offending commit.
-roshan

On 2/28/17, 9:13 PM, "Arun Iyer on behalf of Arun Mahadevan"
<ai...@hortonworks.com on behalf of ar...@apache.org> wrote:

    >If we really need long time to discuss above, I'm even OK to revert DRPC
    >port and start 2.0.0 with webservices unported, (DRPC, UI, Logviewer) and
    >address them at 2.1 or other minor versions.
    >
    >Any other opinions?

    Yes, it may be better to move to 2.0 sooner and migrate the pending
components in 2.1. May be what we need is more rigorous testing of the master
branch before we release 2.0.

    We could also consider moving to JDK 8 for the next 1.x release and it
would make porting patches to 1.x branch much easier (unless we want to do a
JDK upgrade only with 2.0).

    Thanks,
    Arun