Hello,

If that matters, our current experiences with StormKafkaClient
isdisappointing (see my recent posts "Lag issues using Storm 1.1.1 latest
build with StormKafkaClient 1.1.1 vs old StormKafka spouts" in this mailing
list).

Our current experience is that the old StormKafka spout always beats the
new one in term of performance & stability.

Therefore, I am surprised when I see talks about deprecation of the old
StormKafka spout when the new one which just came "General Available" with
Storm 1.1.0, is not stable, and it's not better when we try it from current
1.1.x builds to take into account recently closed JIRAs.

We're even considering writing our own Kafka spout with Kafka 0.10.x API to
overcome the incompatibility of the old StormKafka spout with Kafka 0.10
libraries.

Thus, for people which are comfortable with old Kafka spout, I'like to give
a -1 (non binding) to the proposal of withdrawal of the old StormKafka
spout until the new one converges.

Best regards,
Alexandre Vermeerbergen