GitHub user Ethanlm opened a pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/storm/pull/2270

    [STORM-2686] Add Locality Aware Shuffle Grouping

    see: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STORM-2686

    We want to add a locality aware shuffle grouping to favor the target tasks
in closest network distance.

    Currently the network distance is some hard coded values like:
WORKER_LOCAL, HOST_LCOAL, RACK_LOCAL, and UNKNOWN (everything else). Further
improvement could be using ping times between supervisors.

    I am doing more integration testing and performance testing.

    $ git pull https://github.com/Ethanlm/storm STORM-2686

    https://github.com/apache/storm/pull/2270.patch

    This closes #2270

----
commit 09601751b9e87e82e16281bfa98d22ef40d754fc
Author: Ethan Li <ethanopensou...@gmail.com>
Date:   2017-08-07T22:08:44Z

    [STORM-2686] Add Locality Aware Shuffle Grouping

----

---
with INFRA.
---