Github user HeartSaVioR commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/storm/pull/2261

    I explored and applied more changes:
    * change ArrayList to pre-allocated array (they're only allocated from
`prepare()`)
    * fixed length of `chooses` length: 1000
      * at first I set this to 100, and some tests were failing due to
distribution

    This might use a bit more memory, but will reduce object allocation on each
updating loads.

---
with INFRA.
---