Github user hmcl commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/storm/pull/2174

    @srdo thanks for your comments. Let me think about it. This change builds
on the existing code and fixes some of the problems. I was also planning on
revisiting this implementation. The way to go about it is either:
    1. Submit this fix and then an improvement with the new design (if we agree
it's the right thing to do)
    2. Submit the new design (if we agree it's the right thing to do) without
this fix, i.e. on top of the existing code.

---
with INFRA.
---