Github user HeartSaVioR commented on the issue:

    @revans2 Thanks a lot for putting great efforts to craft a patch so
quickly! I'll take a look after verification of release candidates on 1.x
version lines in progress.

    Btw, in #2433 we would also want to let worker communicate to Supervisor so
that the path of passing worker heartbeats is worker -> supervisor -> nimbus
for normal case and worker -> nimbus for supervisor down. From quick look
there's no supervisor token.

    Do we want to remove supervisor in path and let worker always communicate
nimbus? Or we keep leveraging local storage for worker -> supervisor? Or nimbus
token will also allow accessing to supervisor?