Would be good to callout which of issues listed in Storm 2.0 epic are
considered “blockers” vs “very desirable” vs “good to have”

-roshan

On 2/19/18, 3:29 PM, "Jungtaek Lim" <kabh...@gmail.com> wrote:

    Hi devs,

    We've just released Storm 1.2.1 (not officially announced but vote passed
    anyway) and we're in agreement that no further minor version on 1.x version
    line, so it's time to focus on Storm 2.0.0 so that we can bring far long
    undetermined milestone to reality.

    Here is the epic issue for Storm 2.0.0:
    https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STORM-2714

    We have no restriction to file issues and submit patches so there're more
    changes available outside of epic issue, but once we reach consensus to
    bring Storm 2.0.0 fairly sooner, I propose we (team, or individual) add all
    the issues to epic which we target to include to Storm 2.0.0, so that we
    can track all the remaining items from the epic issue, and decide to
    postpone some non-blocker dragging items to out of Storm 2.0.0. Makes sense?

    I have some backlog issues for myself which would need somewhat huge
    efforts so not sure they can be included to Storm 2.0.0. I'll add some to
    epic if I think I can find time to do. If you have items which are planned
    to be included to Storm 2.0.0, please add them to epic issue.

    I hope that we can release Storm 2.0.0 in 1Q (1 month and several days
    left): even if it doesn't happen, we could release beta version of Storm
    2.0.0 in 1Q and we say "feature freeze" and concentrate on stabilizing the
    release and making Storm 2.0.0 happen sooner than later. If you have items
    for Storm 2.0.0 which requires more than 1 month to be finished, I think it
    would be worth to share the items and discuss.

    Please add your voice on anything about Storm 2.0.0 plan. It would be much
    appreciated if someone puts efforts on testing and stabilizing the current
    master branch (it would take much time and efforts and more hands are
    definitely better).

    Thanks,
    Jungtaek Lim (HeartSaVioR)