+1
Sorry .. it was a false alarm. It come down to a config issue. The default
configs in Storm 2 are tuned for best latency.
On bumping up the transfer buffer & batch settings for high throughput :
- topology.transfer.batch.size=5k (default=1)  and -
topology.transfer.buffer.size=20k (default=1k)
Was able to obtain a very solid  ~4 mill/sec inter worker throughput.
FYI: Does not matter now, but i noticed that I accidentally quoted throughput
of 1.6mill/sec but it was actually only ~350 k/sec with default transfer buffer
settings  .. which was alarmingly low.
    On Saturday, January 19, 2019, 10:45:28 PM PST, Jungtaek Lim
<kabh...@gmail.com> wrote:

 Hello all,

+1 (binding)

> source

- verify file (MD5, SHA)
-- source, tar.gz : OK
-- source, zip : OK

- extract file
-- source, tar.gz : OK
-- source, zip : OK

- diff-ing extracted files between tar.gz and zip : OK

- build source with JDK 8 (-Pall-tests && -Pexternals)
-- source, tar.gz : OK

- build source dist
-- source, tar.gz : OK

- build binary dist
-- source, tar.gz : OK

> binary

- verify file (MD5, SHA)
-- binary, tar.gz : OK
-- binary, zip : OK

- extract file
-- binary, tar.gz : OK
-- binary, zip : OK

- diff-ing extracted files between tar.gz and zip : OK

- launch daemons : OK

- run ExclamationTopology (local) : OK

- run RollingTopWords (remote) : OK
  - activate / deactivate / rebalance / kill : OK
  - logviewer (worker dir, daemon dir) : OK
  - change log level : OK
  - thread dump, heap dump, restart worker : OK
  - log search : OK

I don't think perf. degrade is a blocker for this release, since we are
still providing far better performance then 1.x. As Roshan is planning to
address this, that could be fixed in 2.0.x hopefully.

Thanks,
Jungtaek Lim (heartSaVioR)

2019년 1월 19일 (토) 오전 5:23, Roshan Naik <roshan_n...@yahoo.com.invalid>님이 작성: