Subscription has been replaced with TopicFilter. Subscription isn't
deprecated in 1.x because it is not possible to backport TopicFilter
without breaking changes. The replacement is the TopicFilter and
ManualPartitioner classes.

getKey/ValueDeserializer is deprecated in the latest 1.x release, the
Javadoc will say how to replace it.

For convenience: " Please use {@link #getKafkaProps() } and look up the
entry for {@link ConsumerConfig#KEY_DESERIALIZER_CLASS_CONFIG} instead".
There's a similar one for the value deserializer.

I suspect the last error is because getValueDeserializer no longer exists?