Hi all,

the Live Dashboard we use to display real-time charts of sensor values can
be improved in terms of usability. Some issues we currently have are:

-        Users can change the order of dashboard widgets, but modified
layouts are not persisted

-        Changes to widgets are not persisted, e.g., the order of table
columns as Chris mentioned in a previous mail

-        Created visualizations cannot be modified

-        Currently, only a single dashboard can be created, but it would be
nice to create multiple dashboards (e.g., to visualize the state of multiple
assets)

So I think it would be great to refactor the dashboard, and at the same
time, migrate the current implementation to Angular 7 (for those of you who
are new, the UI currently uses both Angular 1 and 7 components and we are
gradually upgrading old Angular 1 components to 7). I'd volunteer to create
a first prototype of the new dashboard.

In general, I think the dashboard should be rather simple (we shouldn't
probably compete with some very good visualization tools that already
exist), but some things I'd like to see are:

-        Having the opportunity to create standalone dashboards (some
companies we've talked to already mentioned that they would like to have
individual, configurable dashboards that can be used to display condition
data at the shop floor level)

-        Such dashboards could be shared / implemented as web components to
be integrated into other systems

-        Read-only mode

-        A very fluent way to modify the layout of widgets and the dashboard
itself

So what do you think? Which features would you like to see in a real-time
dashboard to monitor IIoT data?

Dominik