Hi all,

we received a pull request for our documentation with some minor changes. One
of them was an update of the version number of StreamPipes in the maven
archetype commands.

Now the question came up whether we should use the current version number in
the command (or the documentation in general) [Example 1] or a template
[Example 2]

The advantages of Example 1 are that developers can just copy and past it,
which makes it easier to use. But since the version numbers have to be updated
on each release it is harder to maintain.
Also when we forget to update it developers might get strange errors since
their backend version and processor version might not be compatible.
Example 2 is easier to maintain, but developers have to change it every time
they use it.

What do you think? What do you prefer or are there any alternative ideas?

Example 1:
mvn archetype:generate                                           \
  -DarchetypeGroupId=org.streampipes                             \
  -DarchetypeArtifactId=streampipes-archetype-pe-processors-jvm  \
  -DarchetypeVersion=0.65.0

Example 2:
mvn archetype:generate                                           \
  -DarchetypeGroupId=org.streampipes                             \
  -DarchetypeArtifactId=streampipes-archetype-pe-processors-jvm  \
  -DarchetypeVersion={sp.version}

Cheers,
Philipp